Phenix-Girard Bank has implemented a program to help monitor, identify and aid in preventing debit card fraud. This program will arm the Bank with a powerful tool that can be used to detect existing, new and emerging domestic and international fraud schemes. It is our priority to help protect our customers from losses due to debit card fraud and identity theft.
We utilize a software solution, which uses a hybrid intelligence system employing neural network technology and cardholder profiling to identify fraud patterns as they occur. High risk transactions are identified by a fraud analyst, who then takes appropriate action by contacting the cardholder to verify the legitimacy of the transactions.
If they are able to reach you, the Analyst will verify the transaction.
- If the transaction is a legitimate transaction the Analyst removes any blocks that have been placed on your card.
- If the transaction is a fraudulent transaction(s) the Analyst then blocks your card and will send an email to the Phenix-Girard Bank with updates to the incident report. Once confirmed, Phenix-Girard Bank will contact you to initiate the dispute.
If unable to contact you, the Analyst will:
- Try alternate phone numbers we have in your customer records.
- They will leave a message including a phone number for you to return the call.
- They will place a temporary block on your card until they can reach you.
And lastly, they will send an Incident Detail Report to Phenix-Girard Bank.
Fraud analysts may contact customers, with suspicious activity, seven days a week between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Importance of Updating Your Customer Information
Contact phone numbers are a vital part of fraud prevention. Please make sure your phone numbers and email address is update. Call 334.298.0691 or email NetTeller@Phenix-Girard.com to update your information.
We value you as a customer and are implementing this service to do our part in protecting you from debit card fraud and identity theft. Please feel free to contact your local branch if you have any questions.